UNDERGRADUATE STUDY PROGRAM ON MEDICINE
Faculty of Medicine (FM), Universitas Gadjah Mada is the oldest medical faculty in Indonesia builds on Mach 5, 1946. Thousands of alumni have been graduated and coloring the world of health in Indonesia and the world. Undergraduate study program as part of the FM take advantages to exploit the FM which has 6 master study program, 20 specialties, and 1 doctoral studies program, 9 study centers for teaching and learning. The undergraduate study program vision is ‘to be the excellent national medical education program that innovative, globally standard and superior, as well as serve the interests of the nation and humanity with professional human resources support’.
In the academic year, 1992/1993 FM started implementing the curriculum of medical education based core curriculum of medical education Indonesia (KIPDI) with the strategy of Problem Based Learning (PBL). Furthermore, began in 2003/2004 utilized integrated curriculum in 21 blocks with PBL approach. In the academic year 2007/2008, did the previous modifications to keep using PBL. Initiate in the academic year 2013/2014, a new curriculum tailored to Indonesian medical doctor competency have been implemented SKDI 2012 by study program integrated into the blocks and PBL strategy.
Some of the achievements that have been achieved by undergraduate study program on medicine FM UGM
- According to Webometrics – 2014
- First Rank in Indonesia
- Ranked 12 best universities in South-east Asia
- For International College University (4ICU) Asia Ranking
- 26th (2012); 53rd (2011)
- First in Indonesia
- THE-QS World University Ranking
- in 2011: FK UGM is ranked 21 in Asia for Life Sciences and Medicine category
- In 2010: FK-UGM is ranked 23 in Asia for Life Sciences & Biomedicine
- Accredited in
- A category by National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT) – 2015, also a category by LAM PT KES (2015-2019),
- Overall verdict 4.77 of 7 scales by AUN-QA 2009
- Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) (2016-2019)
- ISO: 9001 : 2008 Quality Management System – (2015 – 2017)
- CBT national exit exam rank 1st of 65 institutions 2014- 2015 (4 times)
- Pass of national exit exam: 97,43% (CBT), 99,63% (OSCE), 97,06%
- Benchmarking to LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) USA
Learning stages to be followed in undergraduate study programs FM UGM
- Bachelor Phase (undergraduate education phase)
- Length of Study 3,5 years
- Study Load is 165 Credit System Unit (CSU)
- Student Degree: S.Ked (B.Med)
- Clinical Rotation Phase
- Length of Study 2 years, after graduating the Bachelor in Medicine
- Study Load is 44 CSU
- National Exam on Medical Student’s competency (Uji Kompetensi Mahasiswa Program Profesi Dokter)
- Student Degree: dr (dokter) or MD (Medical Doctor)
This is compulsory program developed by the Indonesian Medical Council for a period of one year in rural areas throughout Indonesia.
There are two programs:
1. Regular program
- Applicants graduated from high school degree at last three years
- Passed entrance examination which the methods and criteria are determined by Government. Several national selection scheme were SNMPTN (30-50% intake), and SBMPTN (30% intake), and UGM intake was 20-40%. However in 2016, the percentage SNMPTN intake became 35,35%, SBMPTN 27,78%, and UGM intake were 35,86% (the percentage distribution possible change annually depend on the government policy).
- In a good health condition
- Entrance examination include: academic potential test, basic academic test (mathematic, chemistry, physics, and biology), Bahasa Indonesia, and English.
2. International program
- Applicants form Indonesia or other countries graduated from high school degree at last three years
- For Indonesian: passed entrance examination, include: basic academic test (mathematic, chemistry, physics, and biology), Gadjah Mada Scholastic test (GMST= a psychological test), English, Situational judgement test (SJT) and MMPI. For student from other countries passed entrance examination of basic academic test (mathematic, chemistry, physics, and biology), GMST, and interview.
- In a good health condition
The difference Regular and International program.
Mostly around 90% course program between regular and International program are similar. The differences include students involve in International program, lectures held using English as the language of instruction, learn international health system (in block D2), and obligatory to have experience studying outgoing out-country in elective block (block D3).
1.Intercalated Master Programme (IMP)*
This Program is offered for students who are able to complete their undergraduate degree in time (3,5 years) and with qualified GPA. They may continue to pursue Master Programme to our partner universities and sit back to UGM to continue their Professional Phase. The partner universities are as follows:
- University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Erasmus MC Rotterdam
- Tubingen University, German
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- Umea University, Sweden
*The scheme of this programme is as follow:
Finished Undergraduate programme in UGM within 3,5 year > IMP to preferred university > continue Professional Phase in UGM.
2. Elective Program
This Program is obliged students to follow one elective module abroad to be converted in their 3 credit semester units which equals to 3 weeks activity (48-60 hours). Scholarships are available for selected students.
For further information:
International Relations Office (IRO)
Jl. Farmako Sekip Utara,
Yogyakarta 55281 Indonesia
Phone:+62 (274) 560300 ext. 115, 215
Fax: +62 (274) 581876
Registration website: link
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Fee(s) Application Tuition /semester Remarks Nationality Medicine Rp. 1.500.000,00 Rp. 40.000.000,00* Bachelor Phase for Indonesian students Rp. 45.000.000,00* Professional Phase/clinical rotation Rp. 60.000.000,00* Bachelor Phase for non-Indonesian students USD 225 Rp. 65.000.000,00* Professional Phase/clinical rotation
NOTE : *Outgoing Elective Exchange Program and Final Project Research costs are not included.
Admission Period of Second Intake Application Period 26 April – 22 May 2017 Payment Period 26 April – 24 May 2017 Admission Test Saturday and Sunday, 3 – 4 June 2017 Result Notification 16 June 2017
Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jl. Farmako, Sekip Utara, Yogyakarta 55281
1. Sign up for an application account at um.ugm.ac.id, here.
2. Complete the online application form and upload the following documents (minimum 150 kb and maximum 200 kb):
For applicants who graduate in 2016 and 2015 For applicants to be graduated in 2017 Colored Photograph Colored Photograph ID Card (SIM/KTP/Passport/student card) ID Card (SIM/KTP/Passport/student card) High school graduation certificate or SAT/A-Level/International Baccalaureate or equivalent certificate High school academic report from grade 10 to 11 and the first semester of grade 12 Health and non color blindness Certificates Health and non color blindness Certificates Financial Guarantee Letter (download here) Financial Guarantee Letter (download here) Academic Transcript / National Examination Final Score transcript (SKHUN)
- Pay non refundable application fee via Multi-Payment System of Bank Mandiri, BNI, BRI, BSM, or BTN as described here.
- Print application form, if you can not print the application form or your online application fail, please contact us at phone number 0274-6491808 or 0274-551222.
- Admission Card can be printed here three(3) days before admission test date.
- Graduates of the last three years
- Indonesian High school qualification (Exact Sciences/IPA)
- A-Level qualification or
- IB qualification
*Compulsory subjects are Biology and Chemistry
- Non color blindness
- Maximum age is 25 years old on 18th of May for each admission period
- Institutional TOEFL score of at least 500 (paper-based) or 173 (comp.-based) or 61 (internet-based) or IELTS score of at least 5.00 or MUET score of least at Band 4.00
*For Double Degree applicants: IELTS certificate with minimum score 6.5
- STPM qualification with minimum CGPA 3.00 (in 4.00 scales) / 3B for science subjects or
- Pre-Medical qualification with minimum CGPA 3.00 (in 4.00 scales) or
- Foundation Programme/A-Level or equivalent qualification (Canadian Pre-University, South Australian Matriculation, Canadian International Matriculation Program, Monash University Foundation Year, University Foundation Studies for New South Wales, A-Level, Higher Education Certificate of Tamilnadu, India)
Admission Test Subjects Gadjah Mada Scholastic Test (GMST) Academic Test AcEPT Situational Judgement Test Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)