Department of Histology and Cell Biology Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada
Tel/Fax +62-274-546486 Email email@example.com
National reference and internationally recognized institution for education and research on Histology, Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology
- Education of Histology, Molecular Cell Biology and Medical Immunology for Undergraduate Medical Professionals and Medical specialist, Master and PhD in Biomedical Science
- Research on Histology, Molecular Cell Biology and Medical Immunology
- Providing professional services for education and research related to Histology, Molecular Cell Biology and Medical Immunology
Staffs (name – main research interest)
- Marsetyawan Soesatyo – Mucosal Immunology- Probiotic, Prebiotic, Synbiotic
- Sofia Mubarika – Cancer- Molecular Biology
- Bambang Budiono – Histology
- M. Ghufron – Complementary Alternative Medicine; Reproductive Biology
- Sri Herwiyanti – Histology & Breast Cancer’s Drug Development
- Yustina Andwi Ari Sumiwi – Histology & Oral Biology
- Rina Susilowati – Histology, Neurobiology, Obesity, Diabetes, Immunology
- Dewajani Purnomosari – Breast cancer – Molecular Biology & Genetic
- Dewi Kartikawati Paramita – Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma & CML
- Jajah Fachiroh- Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma – Epstein-Barr Virus
- Beni Sulistiono – Stem Cells, Hepatopancreatobiliary & Intestine System
- Dian Eurike Septrianingtyas – Neurobiology, Immunology, Obesity, Diabetes
Department of Histology was established since 1969 at the Mangkubumen campus, with its first head of department, Prof. R. Soewasono Adisewojo, MD. Further, Department of Histology had moved from Mangkubumi to Sriwedari street. Between year 1969 – 1970, WHO (World Health Organization) delegation, organized by Prof. Dr. M.J. Wess provided funding for laboratory equipments, e.g. microphotography and educational funding for academic staff and laboratory technicians. On 1974, Histology Department had relocated back to Mangkubumi at the ex-Clinical Laboratory. Since 1980 until now, Department of Histology has moved to Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada campus at Sekip, Sleman. The senior staffs (Dr. Radjiman, Prof. Daryanto, Drs. Lahmuddin Dalimi, dr. Sutrisno SpA) worked hard in the development of education and research in this department.
In 1996, the name Department of Histology was transformed into Department of Histology and Cell Biology following the growth of teaching responsibilities and research topics. Up until now, staffs at this department works to keep up the development of knowledge and skills on medical science and laboratory techniques.
Department of Histology and Cell Biology actively provides routine histological slides for education and esearch as well as conducts annual courses on Basic Molecular Biology Techniques, Microtechniques and Immunology. Additionally, our department organizes Master Degree for Biomedical Science majoring in Histology and Cell Biology for training of human resources with expertise on biomedical research.