BEPH department consists of faculty members who take care of the field of public health lectures in medical undergraduates, Master and PHD in the field of public health, epidemiology, and population health. Dr Mubasysyir Hasanbasri MA and Riris Andono Ahmad MPH PhD are now the chair and the executive secretary of the department. Faculty members include Prof Siswanto Agus Wilopo PhD, Prof Hari Kusnanto DrPH, Prof Mohamad Hakimi PhD, Prof Djaswadi Dasuki PhD, Dr rer nat Istiti Kandarina, and other 5 faculty members are in their PhD programs. Prof Agus Siswanto Wilopo PhD, Prof Mohammad Hakimi PhD, Prof Dr Djaswadi Dasuki PhD, and Dr Ova Emilia PhD has spawned a Master of Public Health in Maternal and Child Health and the Center for Reproductive Health.
In 2015, the center have completed the production of family planning module to be used as national curriculum for undergraduate medical teaching . The module was developed because of concern over the lack of a primary care doctor’s role in providing family planning services. While many physicians work in the areas where family planning services are in urging needs.
- Working for the interest of public health.
- BEPH wants to promote the health status of all the people of Indonesia, at the community, district, provincial, and national level, to reach the level of health status that is comparable to the population of the developed nations, through strengthening the productivity of education, research, and community services.
- BEPH fights for public health by working with all development sectors, the public and private institutions in within the country and at the global level.
- public health as public good
- evidenced based
- justice in public health
- cooperation with all health stakeholders
- Recruit faculty members credible universities.
- Recruit outstanding students from all overIndonesia to study at our department.
- Organize a series of lectures, workshops and seminars that respond to society’s public health problems and professional needs of students.
- Promote graduates can work in strategic health institutions inside and outside the country.D
- Develop educational programs that are relevant in solving problems of vulnerable groups and finding solutions to health inequity in Indonesia.
In public health research and program development
- Develop technical assistance for public in disease control infectious and non-infectious, reproductive health, public health nutrition, and the system of public health informatics for monitoring health status.
- Produce multidisciplinary researches, involving students and partners outside the university, that concern the public health problems of the vulnerable groups.
- Work together in doing public health research with various international agencies.
- Disseminate research findings in seminars and scientific publications at the national and international level.
In the field of community service
- Provide continuing education for professionals in the field of public health
- Develop policy papers for policy development in the areas of public health.